Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ranathambore






Rathambore
24-3-12

So with a long drive to Rathambore ahead of us I prepared for the worst. I still didn’t feel well and the ride is going to be a four-hour journey. Not excited… The road was bumpy, as we were driving on some more rugged roads through small villages. We had a half way point, but that wasn’t too exciting either. If only if only…
I got to sit up in the front, which was nice. And everyone in the car sang happy birthday to my dearest beloved sister who was driving somewhere for her spring break. A man from the hotel heard us singing and brought a flower to the car asking whos birthday it was.
When we got to the hotel it looked like a safari hotel. Lots of trees and green grass, small rooms that were tucked in the back making it look like an adventure. There was a pool and I had my own room. I wasn’t in the eating mood (off food for the time being), but after a lovely nap I was ready to jump into the pool with some of the fellow travelers.
We had about two and a half hours to kill before we were going to go on a safari to look for a Bengal tiger! I have high hopes and a good feeling we will see at least two. The jeep is large holds our group of 14 plus 10 more. The jeep is packed to full capacity as we set off under the brutal sun. No cover, better viewing capacity. We saw lots of spotted dears, another type of dear (can’t remember the name right now) and a sloth bear! Lots of birds… one of which broke my camera. Not happy about, but even higher hopes to actually see a tiger now that I don’t have a way to prove I saw one.
But alas no tiger…even with my “here kitty kitty” calls. There are only 32 tigers in the preserve and they are not usually seen. We only had once chance though so it was a shot in the dark.
We had a front row viewing of a rajistani dance accompanied by music. Every one of us got up to shake our hips. Cha cha cha.

No comments:

Post a Comment